Creating a New Training
- Go to Trainings > Trainings.
- Click on the New + button.
You will then access the Trainings Details Form.
There are very few mandatory fields in the Training Details Form, these are:
- Training Start Date
In the Trainings Details Form you will also be able to:
- Give a Training Description.
- Set the Maximum Training Period (days).
- Define whether Users need to be Retrained After a given period.
- Indicate if Training Assessment should be carried out after a period.
- Indicate User Functions who shall be assigned the Training.
- Select Tags.
- Define a Training Supervisor.
- Configure Competences.
- Define Training Documents.
- Add External Links.
- Define Training Tasks.
Assigning the Training to Users
In the Training Details Form, you will assign Trainings to Users by combining either:
- Groups and User Functions.
- Groups and Users defined in the Training Users field.
We recommend combining Groups and User Functions. This way, when a (new) employee is assigned a User Function, they will automatically be assigned all the Trainings that have been assigned to that particular User Function.
Assigning Trainings to Users by combining Groups and Users defined in the Training Users field is to be used exceptionally when you wish to assign a Training to User(s) to whom you cannot assign the Training by combining Groups with User Functions.
- If you only assign the Training to Group(s), then the Training will not be assigned to any Users. You need to also define a User Function and/or Users in the Training Users field.
- Trainings can be assigned to Users who have access to Scilife as well as to Offline Users.
- If the User Selection Criteria switch is turned ON then All System Users will be available to be assigned to the Training. You will still need to define User Functions and/or Users in the Training Users field in order for the Training to be assigned to Users.
- You can read more about the Training Users field here: Using the Training Users field when creating a new Training
Defining Training Supervisor(s)
Define one or more Training Supervisors if there needs to be someone supervising User progress and finally approving the Training for each User.
It is not mandatory to define a Training Supervisor but it can be very useful for example if you include Offline Users in a Training. Offline Users need to be set manually as Trained by a Training Supervisor.
On the right-hand side of the Training Details Form you will find the Competences section.
(*this section will only appear when the Competences Module is active in your environment).
It could be the case that you want to link a certain competence or different competences to a Training. When Trainees finish the particular Training, their competence(s) will be updated automatically.
Add a Competence by clicking on the + icon in the Competences section. You can add as many as needed.
- Click on the + to add Competences
- Select a Competence Item (that has been preconfigured in the Competence module).
- Select a Competence Level (that has been preconfigured in the Competence module).
Adding Training Materials
Once you have filled up all the necessary fields for your Training, you can proceed and add Training Materials.
- Click on the Training Materials tab, located at the top of the screen.
Adding Training Documents to a Training
If Documents need to be reviewed as part of the Training, you can do so by:
- Click on the + Document box.
- Click on the Traning Documents field and select the Documents you would like to add.
Trainees will have to access the Document at least once and mark it as Read and Understood in order for the Training to be completed in that Document.
Adding External Links to a Training
It can be useful to add links to external online resources such as corporate websites, online documentation, online courses, etc. to a Training. This can easily be done in the External Links section:
- Click on the + External Link box.
- Add a Title to the External Link.
- Add the URL.
You can add as many External Links as you need by repeating steps 1-3 above or clicking on the + icon inside the newly created External Link box.
Trainees will have to access the Link at least once and mark it as Read and Understood in order for the Training to be completed in that External Link.
Creating Training Tasks for a Training
You also have the option of adding Tasks to a Training, such as for example: elaborating material, completing a test, carrying out exercises, etc. Once carried out, Users may need to upload proof of the Task.
- Click on the + Task box.
- Give the Task a Title.
- Fill out the Task Description if you would like to add some information to the Trainees. This is not mandatory.
- You can choose whether or not you want to add a Task Supervisor to the Task. This can be particularly interesting if Trainees are asked to upload proof that they have carried out the Task.
- You can also upload a file to the Task, this is relevant for example when asking Users to complete a Test.
You can add as many Training Tasks as you need to the Training.
Trainees will have to sign off on each Task and upload proof if they have been asked to do so in the Task Description.
If a Task Supervisor has been assigned then the Task Supervisor will have to verify the Task has been carried out correctly and finally Approve the Task before it is marked as completed.
Adding Assessments to a Training
To add pre-configured Assessments, you need to:
- Click on the + Assessment box.
- Click on the Assessment field to see all the available Assessments you can choose from.
- If you wish to know more about Assessments please read this article: How to create Assessments for a Training?
Naming the Training Materials Sections
If you wish to set a custom name to any of the Traning Material types mentioned above, you do so by simply:
- Click on the current title of any of your Training Materials.
- Write the desired title.
- Press Enter to save it.
Save once you are finished editing the Training.
- Only Administrators and Training Coordinators can create Trainings.
- Training Documents, External Links, Tasks, and Assessments can be added, deleted, and edited at any stage.
- Training Supervisors, User Functions as well as Users defined in the Training Users field can also be edited at any point.