Who has permission to make an Obsolete Document Published again?
Administrators, Managers, and Regular Users can make a Document Obsolete even though they don't have a role in the Document.
How can I set a Document from Obsolete to Published again?
Please bear in mind that setting a Document back to Published status is a 2-step process:
- Click on the Status button and click on Select user for Publishing.
- Select a User from the drop-down.
- Provide a Reason for publishing the Document again.
The Document will then appear on the User's Dashboard under Action Required:
Additionally, if you hover over the status of the Document, a pop-up reading 'Next Action Required By' will show up followed by the name of the user who needs to take action:
On the Document Details page, the User assigned for Publishing then can:
- Click on the Status button and select Set to Published.
- Sign off with their electronic signature.
- Add Remarks to justify the Publication of the Document.
- Click on Sign.
After this, the Document will be in Published status again: