- Go to Documents > Module Settings.
- Go to Custom Fields.
- Click on the New + icon.
In the Create New Field window:
- In the Field label, give the Custom Field a Name.
- In the Field Type dropdown, select Dropdown.
- If it should be allowed to introduce another value then turn the Another valued Allowed switch ON, otherwise, leave it turned OFF as it is per default.
- If it should be allowed to select multiple values then turn the Multi-Select switch ON. Otherwise, leave it turned OFF, this is the default setting.
- Create the first value of the dropdown:
- Introduce a Label. The label is what will be visible for users to select in the dropdown.
- If you wish to introduce a Value, turn the Configure custom value switch ON. By default, this switch will be OFF.
- Click on the + icon to add another value.
- Introduce the next value of the dropdown:
- Introduce a Label.
- Introduce a Value if necessary.
- Repeat steps 6 to 7 to add as many values as needed.
- If you need to remove a value click on the - icon.
- Turn the Mandatory switch ON if you would like the field to be mandatory. Otherwise, leave it turned OFF, this is the default setting.
- Save. If you would like to create more Custom Fields click on Save & New.
Relevant for: Administrators / Managers.
Please note: Custom Fields are currently only available for the Document Control, Events, QPD, Record Management, and Competences Modules.