An assessment is a test you can create to evaluate a trainees knowledge retention or any other metric that might be important to any specific training.
For an assessment to be used, it needs to be assigned to specific training. However, you can create as many assessments as you want and only select the ones that are relevant to the training you are creating at the moment.
Creating a new Assessment
- Go to Trainings > Assessments.
- Click on the + button.
You will be prompted by the Create Assessment page, in the page you have a few mandatory fields:
- Assessment name.
- How many questions should be shown.
- Percentage of correct responses required.
The non-mandatory fields are:
- Shuffle questions: If ON, it will scramble the questions you have inputted in a different way to each Trainee. Otherwise, the system will display the questions in the order you have entered them. You can only shuffle questions if you have selected not to show All the questions of the assessment.
- Add Answers Hint: If ON, you will have the chance of adding a hint to be displayed beside the question (if the Trainee hovers their mouse over the ? icon it will be shown).
Once the mandatory fields are completed you can start adding questions, you can add as many as you need.
Adding questions to an assessment
- Add questions one by one,
- Or, add questions in bulk
Editing the questions and the response options
- Write the Question.
- Choose the Field Type for the responses to the questions. You can choose between:
- Introduce a Label and a Value, for ease of use we recommend these are the same.
- Mark if the option is correct.
- Dropdown: Only one option can be correct.
- Checkbox: Multiple right answers can be chosen.
- Radio: Only one option can be correct.
- Add more response options by clicking on the + icon.
- Remove response options by clicking on the - icon.
Once you have added all your questions you can either Save the current Assessment or click on Save & New if you need to create more Assessments.