Comments can be added to any item in Scilife such as Documents, Events, Trainings, CAPAs, Change Requests, etc.
When a new comment is posted, all the users who have a role in the item receive an email notification. The email includes the title and the contents of the comment. Moreover, as with all other Email notifications in Scilife, a link is included to access the system and view the item where the comment was posted.
Posting a comment
The following screenshot shows how to add a comment to a Document. The process is exactly the same for all other items (CAPAs, Trainings, Events, Change Requests, Audits, etc.)
- In the Document Details page, go to the Comments Tab.
- Click on Add Comment.
In the Send Comment window:
- Give the comment a Title. This is the only mandatory field.
- The comment will automatically be sent to all the Users who have a role in the item. If you wish to send the comment to Users who do not have a role in the item you can add them to this field.
- A larger text explanation can be written in the Comments field where format can also be given to the text.
- If relevant, Upload a file to the Comment.
- Administrators can post comments, regardless of having a role in the item.
- Managers and Regular Users can only post a comment if they have a role in the item.
- Read Only users cannot post comments.