Who can edit the due date of a Change Request and in which status?
The due date of a Change Request can be edited depending on the Permission Role the User has in the system, the Role the User has in the Change Request, and also depending on the status of the Change Request.
Administrators can edit the due date of a Change Request in any status (except Closed) and regardless of having a role in the Change Request or not.
Managers and Regular Users can edit the due date depending on the role they have in the Change Request as well as on its status:
- As the Creator of the Change Request, Managers/Regular Users can edit the due date only during the Created status.
- As the Approver of the Change Request, Managers/Regular Users can edit the due date while in Created and Under Signing by Approver Status.
- As QA of the Change Request, Managers/Regular Users can edit the due date while in Created, Under Signing by Approver, and Under Signing by QA status.
How to edit the due date of a Change Request
- Go to Change Control > Change Requests.
- Use the Filters and/or Search field to find the Change Request you wish to edit.
- Click on the edit icon of the Change Request in question.
In the Change Request Information Form
- Click on the Due Date field and select the new desired date
- Save it
This action can also be performed from the Change Request Details Page:
- Click on the Calendar icon
- Chose the new Due Date
- Provide a Reason
- Save it
You will then get the notification Change Request updated successfully.
The newly chosen Due Date will be displayed here, and the older one will be strikethrough: