Who can delete a Document?
Only Administrators can delete Documents in any status, regardless of having a role in the Document or not.
Managers can only delete Documents they have a role in while these are in Created status. The Created status only applies to Documents to which no file has been uploaded yet.
Regular Users cannot delete Documents, regardless of having a role in them or not
Steps to Delete a Document Type
- Go to Document Control > Documents.
- Use the Filters and the Search field to find the Document you wish to Delete.
- Select the Document by clicking on the check box to the left of its title.
- Go to the With Selected drop-down at the bottom of the List and select Delete.
- Click Apply.
In the Document deletion form:
- Sign off electronically.
- Include a Remark on why you are deleting the Document.
You will then get the system message Deleted successfully 1 of the 1 selected Documents.
- Deleted Items are never completely deleted in the system. They are stored in Deleted Items. You can access Deleted Items in Manage > Deleted Items.
- Deleted Items can be restored again in case it is needed.