Offline Users are users who belong to your organization but who do not have access to Scilife.
This can be the case for instance for operators, warehouse employees, manufacturing staff, etc.
In order for you to be able to document the Trainings of these employees as well, Scilife makes it easy to add these employees to the system as Offline Users.
Offline Users will not be able to access Scilife themselves to sign off on their Trainings but Training Supervisors will be able to set them as Trained and even upload proof of the Training in their name.
How to add Offline Users
- Go to Trainings > Offline Users.
- Click on the New + icon.
Add all the relevant information on the new Offline User:
- Assign the User to one or more Group(s).
- We recommend that emails not be used as ID. Using emails as ID can be misleading because it gives the idea that the User does have access to Scilife. We recommend using the Employee ID assigned to the User by your own organization.
- Indicate if the Prefix should be Mr., Ms., Dr., or Prof.
- Include the user's First Name.
- Include the user's Last Name.
- Some organizations find it useful to include user initials.
- Job Title can also be an important field.
- Although the User Function field is not mandatory we highly recommend assigning a User Function even to Offline Users. This makes it much simpler to easily set up Trainings following the same procedure as you would with users that do have access to Scilife.
- Save. If you need to create more Offline Users at the same time click on Save & New.
- Administrators are allowed to create/edit/delete Offline users by default.
- Whether or not Managers and/or Regular Users are allowed to create or edit Offline Users depends on Permission Settings > General.