If you wish to keep track of the physical prints that have been made of a Document you can use the Controlled Prints functionality and indicate the Location in which the Controlled Print is stored. Once a new version of the Document is Published you can then make sure the outdated printed versions are destroyed.
When can a Controlled Print be carried out
Controlled Prints can be carried out for Documents in Approved not Published and Published status.
Who can carry out a Controlled Print
- Administrators and Managers, regardless of having a role in the Document or not.
- Regular Users can also carry out a Controlled Print if they have a role in the Document (Author, Reviewer, Approver, or QA).
Regular Prints can also be made of a Document, but in this case, the Location is not stored. All User Types can carry out Regular Prints, regardless of having a role in the Document or not.
How to carry out a Controlled Print
- Go to Documents > Documents.
- In the Documents Lists, click on See Filters and/or type in the Search field to find the Document for which you want to carry out a Controlled Print.
- Click on the Title of the Document.
On the Document Details Page, click on the Print button.
In the next window select Controlled Print from the drop-down.
In the next window:
- Indicate the Location where the printed Document will be stored.
- If needed you can Append the Signature Page by turning the switch ON. An extra page will be added at the end of the PDF and once the Document has been printed, Users with a role in the Document will be able to sign off on the physical printed version.
- Fill out the Watermark text field.
- Choose where the Document Location will appear, on the bottom or on the top of the page.
- Indicate the padding you wish to add to the Document.
Once you finish printing out the Document the system will ask you to confirm that the print was successful, as soon as you confirm the Controlled Print including location will be logged as Active. You will be able to keep track of it in Documents > Controlled Prints.
The printed version will have a watermark on every page, indicating Document status: Approved not Published, or Published.
When a new version of the Document becomes available you will easily be able to find it, destroy the outdated printed version and update the status in the system of the Controlled Print, and change from Active to Destroyed.
- All User Types can carry out Regular Prints, regardless of having a role in the Document or not.
- Administrators and Managers can carry out Controlled Prints, regardless of having a role in the Document or not. Regular Users can also carry out a Controlled Print if they have a role in the Document (Author, Reviewer, Approver, or QA).