Every Document change is recorded in the Audit Trail
The Audit Trail records the entire history of a Document:
- The trail starts the moment a Document is created in the system, including who created it and which other Users had a role in the Document at that point.
- It records every change in status, both when the Document moves forward in the Approval Cycle as well as when it is rejected and goes back to the previous status.
- All reasons for rejecting at any point are recorded and shown in the Audit Trail.
- The Audit Trail maintains the trail for all versions of the Document, not just the current one.
- It informs of every time a Document was edited and by whom.
- If a Document changes status from Published to Force Review, the Audit Trail will reflect the person who Forced Review as well as the reason given.
- This is also the case for setting the Document to Obsolete. The Audit Trail will include who was assigned as Obsolescence Manager and also when the Obsolescence Manager set the Document to Obsolete.
How to access the Audit Trail
- Go to Documents > Documents
- Use the Filters and/or Search Field to find the Document where you would like to see the Audit Trail.
- Click on the Title of the Document.
In the Document Details Page go to the Audit Trail Tab (1). There you will be able to see the entire history of the Document in 5 columns: Activity, User, Email, if the activity was Signed off Electronically or not, and the Date the Activity took place.
You can use the Search field to Search (2) for the actions of a particular user, a date, or an activity. For example, searching for 'signed' will show all the times the Document was signed at any status.