Follow these steps:
1. Go to Events > Events > click on the New + icon.
The Event Details Form will open, fill out all the relevant information.
2. Select an Event Type
- All Events are created based on an Event Type. All available Event Types will appear in a dropdown in the first field in the Event Details Form.
- If none of the Event Types in the dropdown fits your purpose, then you need to create an Event Type before you can create the new Event.
- All the fields that were introduced when creating the Event Type will automatically be populated in the new Event. They can all be edited.
3. Fill out the mandatory fields
The following fields are not pre-populated from the Event Type:
- Indicate the Impact Level. The options shown in this field will have been preconfigured in the Event Type.
- Give the Event a Title.
- Register the Date the Event occurred. This date can only be the present day or a past date.
- Select the Responsible Person from the dropdown. There can only be one Responsible Person.
Indicate who the Investigator(s) of the Event will be.
The following fields will be pre-populated from the Event Type:
- Group(s), by assigning the Event to one or more Groups you are determining who will be able to have a role in the Event and also who will be able to view the Event.
- If QA was predefined in the Event Type then this field will be prepopulated when creating the Event. If needed it can be modified. The Select QA field is mandatory. There can be more than one QA.
4. Fill out the optional fields you wish to include
- If relevant, indicate the Event Time.
- Time To Resolution: this field may be prepopulated from Event Type but can be modified on Event Level, available values are from 1 to 365 days.
- If relevant, the Event can be linked to other Event(s). All available Events will appear as a drop-down. An Event can be linked to more than one Event.
- The Event can also be linked to Equipment(s). This option is only available if the Equipment module has been activated. All available Equipment will appear as a drop-down. An Event can be linked to more than one Equipment.
- Product/Service/Project: the field will show all the Product/Service/Project(s) that are registered in the system. More than one option can be chosen.
- Client/Vendor/Contact: the field will show all the Client/Vendor/Contact(s) that are registered in the system. More than one option can be chosen. In this case, if the relevant Client/Vendor/Contact does not appear in the list it can be created on the fly directly from the Event Registration Form.
- If relevant register the Impacted Batch/Version/Aspect.
- Add a Description for the Event. If relevant, files can be uploaded by clicking on the Upload Files button just below the Description field.
- Describe the Steps Already Taken for the Event. If relevant, files can be uploaded by clicking on the Upload Files button just below the Steps Already Taken field.
- Select Tag(s). If these were added when creating the Event Type this field will be prepopulated. The Tags can be edited and if needed new Tags can be created on the fly from the Event Registration Form.
- Indicate who detected the Event by selecting a User from the Detected By dropdown. Select Other if the person is not a Scilife User and write the name of the person in the field to the right of the dropdown.
5. Fill out Custom Fields
- If Custom Fields were added to the Event Type these will appear at the bottom of the Event Registration Form.
- Depending on their configuration they may be mandatory or not.
6. Save the Event
Relevant for: Administrators / Managers / Regular Users.