Is my ticket an incident ticket or a question ticket?
An incident ticket is to be used for when you are unable to carry out an action in Scilife as you normally would or if you receive an error message which prevents you from using the system.
A question ticket is to be used in the case of needing additional information on how something works within Scilife or any other general question that you require more support on.
Creating a ticket
There are three ways to create a ticket for the Scilife Service Desk.
- Use the Help Button in Scilife.
- Submit a ticket in our Support portal.
- Email email@example.com
Before creating an incident ticket, (in this case you will select 'having problems?' from the dropdown in the portal), please have all the relevant information to hand and include this on your ticket:
- Environment URL where the issue is being experienced.
This will help us to ensure your incident ticket gets resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Click on the Question button within Scilife.
- Go to Support.
- Submit a ticket, which will take you to the Support Portal.
Select correct ticket type from the dropdown.
- For a question ticket select 'Do you have a question?'
- For an incident ticket select 'Having problems?'
- Complete the form (this will be different depending on the type of ticket)
- Submit your request.
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the relevant information depending on the nature of your request.
Relevant for: Administrators / Managers / Regular Users / Read-Only Users Users.